Lisha Thimmaiah

Monday, April 2, 2012

Family Time:-)


As a kid I used to be very fascinated to go out for a small family Picnic, which usually happened during our summer vacation. It mostly used to be the places in my home town, visiting Mysore for the usual summer shopping, Mangalore mainly for its beaches which we loved (With my whole extended joint family) and yeah a few temple visits around.
We never did go to extraordinary or very faraway places but then the whole lot of us (the 11 kids in the Family) just being together in any small place used to be so much fun. It was somehow registered in my mind that there was no fun without all of us being together. In fact all of us thought the same. Years passed by and the oldest in the family was in college and she moved out to the hostel and we all followed the “moving out to hostel” trend. Somehow without anybody realizing the family picnics was nowhere in picture. And yes the vacations of the school going kids and the ones in college dint always happen together. With all this the extended family time just happens like once in a year on a fixed date.
I hated and never really enjoyed only the five of us (my parents and my two little sisters) going out until my very recent family picnicJJJ....My parents come to visit us from Coorg(I had not met them for the past six months) and suddenly the plan for a Mumbai trip just pops up and there we go. Never did I think it would be so much fun. The long drive from Pune to Mumbai, the boat ride to eleplanta caves, hogging the yummy mango flavored kulfi (the bestest Kulfi I ever ate till date), Shopping in Colaba street, the chatting in marine drive and most importantly the cloudy humid saviour weather.....Just the four of us the whole day doing all the little simple things and enjoying every bit of what we did(My little sister dint make it to meet us and we did miss her badly)...All of it was jus awesome!!!JJJJ
Mumbai made me feel good unlike my last stay where I had So much to crib about like the very bad rains, the unpredictable weather and what not(But the Shopping was good even then JJJ)..And this time the best thing Mumbai did to me was, made me like our small Family Picnic and put a thought in my mind that I should be planning up the “extended Family tour”JJ.I like that and I want it to happen very soon..I guess I should try to make it happenJJ.
A few Pictures from my recent Family Time.
reshu's missing:(


I love this one

The focus was on the background:-)





6 comments:

  1. Lisssh We love ur lil family toooo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one! :) And I totally agree with shreshtha:) each member of your family has a special place in our heart! When you were talking about mumbai, I was wondering how come you didn't mention about shopping..and after reading a lil further- there you fulfil my wish :P(But the Shopping was good even then JJJ)..love you all <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yes...Loved all the pics!! my regards to every1! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both:-)..I know ab the special place you all have for my family:-)..they love you guys too:-):-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Laakh Laakh Roz Aake Bas Jaate Hai....
    Iss Sheher Se Is Dil Laga Ke Phas Jaate Hai...." <3 Mumbai ...
    next time when u ll go der den do visit Bandra bandstand,,, another awesome place to hangout ... nice pics ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. sure parag:-)..il keep that in mind...n I know your love for mumbai:-)

    ReplyDelete