Lisha Thimmaiah

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Last 2 days: Exploring Busan, and Hongkong


Finally it was the “no work day” and I was so excited!!...all I had to do was roam around and I wanted to do a lot of shopping...Dustin Yoon had made all the plans to take me around Busan...I wake up early order for room service and set off to hang around the streets until Dustin came to pick me...I did a sneak peek into every possible store, Tried shoes, checked out hand bags and admired the crowd....
I reach back to the hotel lobby and Dustin arrives to pick me up with his gal friend....Sometimes we meet strangers become friends with them in no time and feel like you have known them for ages...I felt the same with these two...What an adorable couple they were...We had a gala time together...Visited Places, Shopped in the Streets, Ate tons of food and had loads of funJJJJ.......
 I couldn’t have had enough of Busan...The view of the blue sea from the highway, the sea side temple, the picture perfect view, the busy shopping streets, the yummy food...everything was like WOW....Busan wouldn’t have been this special to me without these two..Dustin and Kim made my stay very special and I also have very cute presents from them as remembrance JJJ(I loved both of it)....
in the sea side temple in Busan

Dustin and Kim


with Kim



I was dropped back at the hotel lobby late in the evening and we hugged goodbye as we left...Was feeling bad you know... the whole fun was over, just one more day left and had to go back, but was excited about the last day as well... It was Hongkong!!!...I just couldn’t waitJJ...
Again I peep out of the window as the aircraft prepares to land...How much I loved watching the city while we land....
Finish my immigration and rush out not wanting to waste time...But before I reach the transit travel had already left the airport...I was a little disappointed but had a backup planJJ...I had noted down from the internet about details of transit tours...Thanks to the person who put down every step in detail...I picked up a city map and a Metro Map from the airport, bought train tickets followed the instructions and set off for my Hongkong adventure... Went to the Avenue of stars, took a ferry ride, went to the Hongkong peak in the tram...Walked miles in the streets, spoke to so many strangers asking for directions (the hongkong people were very obliging except for once I was shooed off in the metro station)...With all the I didn’t want to miss shopping in the very famous Hongkong’s Ladies Market..Hoping I don’t miss my flight I go to the Ladies market as wellJJJ...Though I dint shop much just the fact that I spent time in the Ladies market made me feel good...

Hong Kong
 
At the peak


                       (The picture are not great...But a few bad pics is better then having none:-))
I‘m totally mesmerized by Hongkong....I was like WOW in every single place...For an instance I did want to scream “Oh My GOD” like the way Chandler’s ex girlfriend Janice from friends says:-p...not exagurating, I did feel exactly like that...It was such an amazing experience, I never had done anything all by myself to this extent...I did miss my family and friends in Hongkong..I want to go back there again with someone with meJJ and probably I will have more fun when I have someone with me...

Between all the fun, I even got lost in a place and nobody could really help me out...Actually wanted to board an airport express Bus, there were no bus stops around and nobody knew about the nearby stop. Was Confused about the Stop I got down earlierKK...I walk into every street, finally saw a Bus stop near a Hotel so go there wait for the next bus, which drops me to the Metro and then finally reach the airport...With all this I did manage my time very wellJJ...I’m proud of myself for thatJJJ... By the end of the day I was so Damm exhausted.......
Hongkong was an absolute amazing experience and the first of its kind for me...I’m too much in love with the CityJJJ... I want to go back there again, But the next time I’m not gonna be aloneJJ and for sure I’ll have more fun when I have someone with me...
That’s the end of my very special Travel...A lot of Learning, lot of adventure and a lot of fun...And the end of “me Time”...I have had enough of itJJJJ... As I board my flight I was glad I’ll be back home JJ
avenue of stars


2 comments:

  1. lish!! Quite an adventurous trip! hats off to you! I can never ever imagine myself in that place travelling to a foreign country all alone and managing through so many troubles. i'm glad you had a gala time there and you've got so many sweet memories for your lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks rach:-)..Actually anybody in that situation would have managed:-)....

      Delete