Lisha Thimmaiah

Monday, April 9, 2012

DAY 1: A Disastrous travel

I entered the Mumbai Airport around 9.30P.m Cribbing about my running nose and having to wait for about 4 hours for our scheduled flight to Hong Kong and Guess what!! Our flight was delayed for another 4 hours...There starts the first disaster!!...God!! We were so irritated(I was accompanied with 2 other colleagues of mine till Hong Kong)...We check in at around 12, clear our immigrations and wait, wait and wait, 5A.M never seems to come..The crowded airport and moreover mosquitoes to add to it...Frustrated I was!...Finally we board and as we land in Hong Kong at 12.30 p.m I realize I hardly had time to check in to my connecting flight to Beijing which was scheduled for departure at 1.25P.M..rushed out of the flight and walked almost a mile to check in and then I walk downstairs, take a turn walk upstairs then board a train then walk upstairs and then walk for another mile( my heart was almost in my mouth) to reach the departure area..I kept wonderings what’s with the distance and the walking up and down...I was dead scared I would miss my flight; luckily I reach when the Boarding was going on, My friends left to their Tokyo departure area waving good bye. Between all that I want to make an urgent cal and my cell phone shows no signal and I have no time to go to the booth and cal...I really wanted to cry...Hoping for the best I board the flight at around 1.40P.m...The second Disaster now...My flight takes off almost after an hour and a half after we board...Damn it!! I would have at least made my callLL...Anyways landing late in the evening I walk towards the exit and almost took the wrong way while an Indian comes as my savior and directs me...we speak and realize both of us are from Karnataka (Believe me Both of us had a end to end smile on our faces JJ) He helps me through all the formalities and stays with me until I get my Luggage (Again there was a lot of walking and boarding a train etc etc)..,I had to travel all the way to Tianjin from Beijing so wish goodbye and walk away and there’s the Third Disaster, The person who was supposed to pick me up left the Airport as my flight dint arrive on time  and  There I was stuck again ;because I was unable to call them and inform...SO the choice left was to take a cab to Tianjin..I call a Colleague from Shanghai and make him speak to the cab driver in Chinese to convince him to take me to Tianjin which is about 2 hrs away from Beijing and I already have my hotels booked and there comes the fourth disaster...all the cab drivers deny as its late in the eveningLL...Finally had to book a hotel in Beijing and stay back..God I was so damn exhausted!!!...

The only Best thing the whole time was the long walk I took in the Beijing street...How much I loved the cold breeze hit my face, It slightly made up for the bad day I had..A nice Roasted Shrimp salad with garlic bread for dinner and off I go to sleep...Just hoping the rest of the week goes really well making up for all the disastersJJJJ...
landing besides the sea in hongkong

self photography in beijing street:-)
A few Day 1 photographsJ

2 comments:

  1. OMG Lish!! that was quite an eventful start! and bravo girl!Handling such a situation all alone! I'm proud of you! Have a nice time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW lishu.. Bravo seriously.. but thanks to those disasters you have lot of memories :) Exciting and a memorable start :) Sooo happy to see you abroad, in fact the first one among our friends sent abroad by company :)

    ReplyDelete