Lisha Thimmaiah

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 2: Beijing to Tianjin


I wake up from my sleep and see its 6A.M...I was a little disappointed when I checked my cell phone and realize the Indian time is 3.30A.M, I was missing out a little sleep you see:-p..I snooze my alarm and go back to sleep(I have this habit of snoozing my alarm at least 2-3 times before I get out of bed)...a little later, packing my stuff as I check  out of the hotel I see a very handsome cab driver waiting to pick me up, A good start for the day..Isn’t it!!! :-D:-D:-p...I remembered talking to my Friend Indrani about my China visit, She said “I wish you meet a lot of handsome men”J....Indu, I met one today;-p:-D...

Okay!!...I have a very smooth drive to Tianjin and a great day at work...Finally we drive down to Tianjin City where I had my Hotel booked...I sneak into my room, dump my luggage and rush out to the city...Since I had a dinner meet at 7P.M I had just 1 hour to go around the city and left with the choice of seeing just one place...So I decide to go to the most famous Tianjin eye..Wow! What a place it is...The river side view, the cool breeze, the giant wheel...you see people of age sitting down enjoying the breeze, couples holding hands and strolling around(How much I missed  this oneL),boys enjoying a smoke, mommies watch their kids play..all the usual stuff, but still so new...I tried some self photography and asked a few strangers to click my picture...Had to smile and say thank you though I wasn’t very happy with the picture, reason: dint want to trouble the same person again (or it’s just the thought of that the person being able to click better), So I rush to the other person around the corner..Clicking pictures of flowers, buildings etc etc...I did feel silly, I did notice a few people stare at the stranger me, But it’s ok you see....I’m a stranger to this city...I have laughed at people clicking picture of trees in my home town...So it’s fair enough for these people to thing I’m silly seeing the over excited me
spring flowers in beijing

street of tianjin

Finally I move back to the Hotel to meet my colleague for dinner...I get an option to choose western or Chinese food, I was a little scared to choose Chinese food you know..After all the fuss I have been hearing about Chinese food from the people who had visited China earlier...But crossing my fingers, I take a risk...Opt for Chinese and there we go...”HOT POT” was the dinner menu...We choose the meat we want, and then cook the meat with the sauce of our choice in a hot pot placed between the table..Amazing it was; lamb, seafood, salmon, spinach, potatoes, noodles, mushrooms and a few more veggies..I haven’t enjoyed Chinese cuisine more...A feastJJ...I still have the grin of the satisfying dinner I hadJJ...
dinner


Then to my surprise I was offered for a city tour...We go for a drive around Tianjin my colleagues offer to click my picture everywhere and I was beaming away to gloryJJJ...
A perfect day...Tianjin is just amazingJJJJ...Off I go to sleep wanting to wake up early for the morning flightJJ

A few Day 2 photographsJ
italian city in tianjin

tianjin eye

1 comment:

  1. Your really having a "me time" :) Nice pics lishu, but u look exhausted..

    ReplyDelete