Lisha Thimmaiah

Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 4: Liyang to Suzhou

A usual early start with a nice breakfast and as I come out of the hotel I feel the nice fresh post rain weather; awesome fresh Cool breeze, a little bright as the sun was trying to peak out of the clouds, a little wet, and a little more greener..Just a perfect weather for a good mood and to start off to work ...as we drive to work I’m busy clicking pictures of the view from the car though I was a little scared about dropping my camera and got disappointed a few times as I missed clicking a view nice scenes as the car was speeding at 140km/hr...I absolutely loved the 2 hr drive....
I want to confess that I really had no mood to work...So just go for a quick round around the shop floor, clear a few doubts of mine and I’m done with work:-p ( done with work very soon actually, I do not want to mention the time here as I’m a little guilty about it now ;-) :-p)..I take the high speed train to Suzhou, reach in an hour and all excited to explore the city....I had a colleague waiting for me at the railway station to drop me at the hotel, when I tell her about the city tour plan she offers to accompany me..I was soo glad as I dint have to waste time looking out for places and asking people to guide... Lucky meJJJ!!...we rush to the hotel, Dump my luggage and off we go....
Suzhou is the one of the ancient Cities in China famous for its Ancient Buildings, the traditional Culture, gardens etc....we go to a very famous garden... The Humble Administrator’s Garden, the oldest one the most famous oneJ...It’s incredible...

The fresh spring flowers, the traditional houses, the stream around the garden...Absolutely fantastic!!...I really fall short of words to explain what I felt, it’s rather better I just post as many pictures as possible, it speaks for itself...

the gardern


JJI had a end to end smile the whole  time I spent there, In fact I dint have to make an attempt to smile for the photosJJJJ....I should be thanking Melissa and Momo who accompanied me to the garden..It was Momo’s choice of place and it was a first time visit to all three of us... JJJWe spoke like we have known each other for ages (Melissa is a big big chatter box), clicked “n” number of pictures, posed in every corner, jumped around, enjoyed and cherished every minute... we had a blast!!!...All three of us got along really well, Melissa was the only one who could speak English among the two of them and she was the translator for me and MomoJJJ...





Finally out of the garden we do a little shopping, Momo being the best at bargaining helps me buy stuff in throw away prices (what more can you expectJJJ) and then we go to the next place, which is again one of the oldest streets of china where we go for a boat ride in the traditional Chinese boats...A beautiful experienceJJ....
It was freezing outside by the time we finished with our site seeing and all three of us we starving... Melissa being a food freak couldn’t stop talking about what she wanted to eat and all about how well she cooks and how much she enjoys it...She is a total full time entertainerJJJ...I was taken to a traditional Chinese restaurant and we have pork, Shrimps, Chicken, Jelly fish, tofu (A traditional Chinese dish made of soya bean, as its Melissa favorite its always on the menu for her; It was Yummm!! I loved it) and a few Veggies...Slurp! My mouth is watering as I write about it....


With Melissa
that's the two in the boat
I had a sooper doper fabulous fantastic day (I want to add more words to it)...All thanks to Momo and the very chirpy MelissaJJJ...I did make friends in China JJ(finally!!)


We make plans to meet the next day as I was dropped off at the hotel....Knowing the next day will definitely be a great one I go to bedJJ
Dinner Menu-Pork
Thofu



the shopping street


A few more Day 4 photographsJ

2 comments:

  1. good to knoe u r having a nice time liiisssh :) and food looks yummm... m sure u wud ve put on oodles of weight by now ;)

    ReplyDelete