Lisha Thimmaiah

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Europe: Strakonice,Czech Republic (Day 9 and day 10)

It was my second week in Europe. Time just flies. I was ready early in the morning waiting for my colleague Gabor at the hotel in Vienna. We were going to Strakonice in Czech Republic. It was a long drive on the country side roads between the fields ready to be harvested. The landscape was beautiful reminding me of the fields back in India. We reach Czech by noon, spend a little time at a super market buying some food, eat in the car and then go to work.
It was a short day at work too. We were at the hotel early and plan up to tour the city. Strakonice is quite a small industrial city of Czech Republic, on the banks of the river Otava. It’s also famous for its locally brewed beer which the people there love. It is so scarcely populated. You see a lot of Chinese living there too and of course quite a lot of Chinese restaurants in every corner of the street. We explore the city by walking around.
The down town looked lovely with the pink pitonia flowers all over. We hardly see people in the street; the market place is also a very small area. We spotted a castle on the other side of the river. The river bank has a small park and that seemed like the favorite spot of the people there. It was a perfect place to spend an evening. They were people getting a sun bath, men swimming in the river, kids cycling around, moms walking around with their babies, ladies catching up for a chat and me enjoying all of it JJ…You know it always feels good to see happy people around you, For a moment I stood staring all of it. All you could hear was happy cheerful people, the fresh breeze and the river flowing smoothly .I had my colleague with me, I still felt lonely ,but my thoughts still went back home, I would love to sit in a place like that and spend an evening with loved ones. That place looked all happyJ.
Crossed the river and went into the castle. It’s a beautiful place too. This place has too many pubs around. We were counting pubs there. And I heard people of Czech love drinking beer. The local cuisine is delicious.
The next day was a total work day for me. We drove back to Vienna that evening since I had a flight to France the next day.
Though my stay in Czech was short, Strakonice gave me the nicest feel good memories.

Landscape on the country side roads

pitonia
the river side
Inside the Castle
****************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment