Lisha Thimmaiah

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Watching the Rain……

When I think of rains what first comes to my mind is the smell of the first rain which I love the mostJJJ, the freshness and the cozy feeling with a cup of Hot coffee…The best place I like to be during rains is my home back in Coorg, Its definitely heaven on earth…
Over the years I have seen people going crazy when it rains, they literally wanna jump around, get drenched, and suddenly, you see the kiddo in them with bright end to end smile on their faces …..I have always liked the fact that people get so excited when it rains and love watching the excitement, Sometimes I do wish I could enjoy playing in the rain like the others do ,though  I’m not one of its kind. I have cribbed a lot that I hate rains, and I hate going out when it rains and a lot of its kind but I do love watching the rain and I do admire it at times( that’s only when I’m inside the house, safe and sure of not getting drenched)JJ………
Being born to family with agriculture as our main occupation and as well known rain is what we need the most; more importantly we want it on time!!…I have seen the excitement on my parents faces when it rains, and have seen my parents enjoy watching the rain sitting in the veranda of our home, with a relieved smile on their faces……Thinking of that makes me smile nowJJ,….…
Right now I’m here in my office, sitting on the veranda steps, watching the rains with a cup a coffee in my hand and of course my laptop( which I don’t prefer on my lap right now, but do I have a choice!!??)…..I am distracted; Carried away with my memories from back home, thinking of  the rainy season during my school days back in coorg, the colorful umbrellas we carried to school, the gumboots, the raincoats, playing in fields during the sowing, the monsoon crab hunt……ahhhh!!!..The unlimited memories and soo much to cherish.
 I have experienced every bit of the “heaven on earth”, to add to it monsoon has given me soo many memories and lots of reasons to crib as well (K)
I’m just lit up with a smile thinking of all my best times…..I miss home and right now I’m loving watching the rainJJJ
**Tried Clicking a few Pictures, but I couldn’t really capture the rain in my Cell phone camera**


rainy day:-)..view from my office
 


************************************************************

4 comments: