Lisha Thimmaiah

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Now is the time…Maybe!!


Years have passed! I have been married for over 5 years, mother of a baby boy, went on a couple of vacations, changed jobs, moved cities and went through a lot of drama in life.
These ups and downs of life are what that teaches us to be better people. In fact, one thing I have learnt is to stop worrying and let go off people who don’t value you, easily said than done. But if practiced gives us a lot of peace of mind.
About 3 years back we moved to Bangalore. That was the time we were just settling down with our lives in Mysore .My job, though I didn’t like it much, was going well. My husband wasn’t very happy with his and we took a call to move to Bangalore and look for better career opportunities.
This was new for both of us. Bangalore was new, He had just landed in a job and I did not have one. We moved in to an extra room in one of the rented apartments of his uncles. We just had started looking for a house of our own. I stayed there for about 15 days; but those 15 days a lot changed in my life. From living in a 3BHK duplex to a 1 room, having a decent job to not being employed and struggling to find a job , having the facilities to cook and eat whatever I want to being dependent on a small restaurant and most of all worried about being able to manage our finances for the next couple of months. The Rent, the deposit, etc etc..
It wasn’t long, but I was scared every minute. I was scared if we would find a decent house, a job for me and so many things going on in my mind. But, very soon within those 15 days, I landed a good job, we found a beautiful home and moved in and our life just sprang back to normal; before we realized…
It was then I realized that destiny has its own plan. Worrying doesn’t help. And a feeling of how people manage their struggles sunk in a little. And most of all, the 15 days bought me closer to my husband.
When I think back now, it wasn’t real struggle…But being in that moment of worry it did feel like and having experienced that changed a lot of things for me. I have always believed that it’s the unexpected that changes our lives, Trust me, It so does!...So if we want to do something and we feel , now is the time…then so be it…
 
First sunset from my home in Bangalore

No comments:

Post a Comment