Lisha Thimmaiah

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Babysitting an 8 year old: My first day:):)


Now that’s something new!!!...That’s what I’m doing lately; for the next one week…it’s my first timeJ…Right from waking him up in the morning, to putting him to sleepJJ...That’s how my day begins and ends now... JJJ.

It’s one job which keeps you on your feet full time…Damm!!!...I had just heard of it and of course seen mamma do it, but never really felt the pressure...Until today!!!…

Managing one kept me on my feet right from the time we woke up at 5.30A.M… freshen up, make breakfast for us, make sure he eats fast, keep pushing him for bath, make him drink milk, pack his lunch box, dress him up and drop him to the bus stop…oofff!!..Its 7A.M already.OMG!!...the little time I get in between is for me to eat, take a shower and dress up for office…Oh and disaster strikes too!!!…the geyser stopped working and he is not ready to take a cold water shower….I’m on my feet again heating water in the stove and running from the kitchen to the bath room…Finally he was ready!!...we rush to the bus stop and as we wait, there I’m staring at my watch hoping I don’t miss my cab…Put him in the bus, rush back home, get ready, and I’m on time for my cabJJ…Thank God for that!!!!......time flies just like that!!!…

I wonder how Mamma managed all three of us...

The tougher part for me was making him study…I was a little worried if I could manage doing that. Considering the fact that I’m horrible at it...BUT, I did fairly well last nightJ.....At least made sure all his home work was done and managed to finish up the TO-DO list in the dairyJJ...I’m pretty convinced with that.

 The only part where I really had to put a little effort was to bring him back home from the play ground last evening…my heart literally melts when he begs for 5 more minutes every time I call him home…You would want to let him play the whole evening when he makes that puppy face…I wouldn’t give up easily you seeJManaged to get him home cooking up stories…My evening was with Math, Social Studies, English literature and dictationJJ{I loved the dictation part the most, it’s fun when you are not the one writing down the spellingsJJ…I hated that part in school, wished I could just dictate…And here I’m dictating:-D:-D}.

I’m smiling end to end thinking about my Baby sitting…Until now it was fun!!!...I have more of this adventure coming my way…Hope the rest of the week goes well for meJJ

No comments:

Post a Comment