Lisha Thimmaiah

Friday, May 11, 2012

It’s a girl thing…

I’m sure there are like hundreds of things we can put into the list of “it’s a girl thing”. But for me right now what tops in the list is SHOPPING…Oh yeah! we all know that, we smile when we hear about that ,we love doing that ,we are ever ready to do that…, somehow most of the girls (most I mean 9.9 out of 10)are bit by this ‘shopping bug’ and eventually we are all shopaholics.
Of course we worry about our soaring bank balance and our over flowing wardrobes but the truth is we realize it only when we see our bills and when we have to make place in our wardrobe to put in the newly shopped stuff.

And that’s when we swear we are not shopping until a few months as we have enough and more… but again that’s only till we pass by our favorite store or till we see a very well dressed mannequin or a dolled up friend with amazing stuffs on (be it anything from clothes to accessories) or probably see a new sale come up or just another function popping up as a reason to shop or the most famous killer perception we girls have” I have no clothes at all / all I have is old stuff”… And all these or at least one of these happens every second day.
We have clothes for every occasion in fact we have three main categories of clothes, shoes and accessories: Formal, Casual and Party Wear. All the three Categories have the below kinds of clothes which also needs shoe and accessories to go with it:
ü Salwar Kameez,
ü Trousers
ü Shirts
ü Tops
ü Skirts
ü Dresses
ü Tunics
ü Sarees
ü Shorts
ü Lingerie’s
(all of them have its 3 categories tooJJJ)
     Did I miss anything???…I might have, we have all the possible varieties in the world...The sad part; we wish to own all of them...
Then of course like I said there are shoes (again there are varieties: flats, sneakers, pumps, stilettos, peep toes, bellies, …) to go with the clothes, a handbag, a wallets/ a clutch is a must and of course accessories to match at least with a few clothes. Oops!!...I missed the Cosmetics, If not too much, eyeliner/kajal and a lip-gloss is a must most of the time...ooofff!!!
Oh yes!!How can I forget??!!...We do buy stuffs even for reasons like ,“ooo it’s soo pretty maybe I can wear it sometime”
”Seriously!!...It only costs so much, it s so dam cheap, I think I should buy it”.
”Hey, I can wear it with the shoe I bought recently”.
“I may not get it anywhere else, let me buy it”, and that’s how we have a bundle of  unused Stuff in our wardrobe ”just waiting for the occasion”. And the so called moment to wear them is “god knows when”.

Hmmm!!!...I feel like cribbing more…How much I love to buy new stuff and how much my heart aches to see the bills.
Sometimes I feel the “shopping mania” is a curse or maybe just a physiological problem (I hate to say this though)...
But I feel lucky too…True…lucky we are for sure, for having all the options and varieties in the world and all the colorful stuffs we get to use…I love that part..I would love it even more if it dint effect my bank balance:-p….
Sometimes I wanna say I’m greedy, but I would prefer saying  ”IT’S A GIRL THING”JJJJ



2 comments: